If you’re interested in technical diving the Tec 40 course is for you.
It is the first subdivision of the full PADI Tec Deep Diver course and consists of the first four dives.
You’ll learn to:
Use decompression software and dive computers to plan and make decompression dives with no more than 10 minutes of total decompression and not deeper than 40 meters.
Use a single cylinder of decompression gas with up to 50 percent oxygen (EANx50) to add conservatism to the required decompression, while earning credits toward the PADI Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
- Advanced Open Water Diver or above
- Enriched Air Diver / Deep Diver Specialty, all of which we can provide for you.
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives, of which at least 10 dives were made with enriched air Nitrox deeper than 18 metres.
- You also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask Alpha Divers Tec Deep Instructor.
- If you don’t have the prerequisites – contact Alpha Divers and we can guide you on your way
What will you learn?
- Technical diving’s risks and responsibilities
- Technical diving equipment, proper rigging and set up
- Gas planning, oxygen limits and decompression planning
- Team diving techniques and emergency procedures, such as dealing with free flows, manifold leaks and out of gas situations
How can you start learning now?
Contact Alpha Divers and get your Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak that includes a PADI Tec Deep Diver Manual, which you can start reading right away. You can also get an Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video, which is a great tool to help you practice skills between your tec diving adventures. You’ll continue to use the Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pak through your Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses.
What scuba gear will you use?
You’ll start with your basic scuba diving equipment and add technical equipment, which essentially means you’ll begin to double up on gear. You may dive with backmounted or sidemounted cylinders. Your PADI Tec Instructor may have you dive with EANx for additional conservatism.
Take your first TecRec course:
Sign up for the Tec 40 course at Alpha Divers TecRec Centre – 399 E’s + materials.